Back Pain, Neck Pain, Headaches and More
To give a "List of Conditions that Osteopathy Treats" would be a little misleading because, unlike drugs and medications, Osteopathy treats the Person rather than just a Condition. What does this mean? It means that osteopathic treatment improves joint mobility, improves posture, helps circulation (for example, by reducing muscle spasm), and it can also improve that rather elusive entity - your sense of "well-being".
But let's be more specific. We know that many of our clients are helped by Osteopathy, so we have put together a list of some of the conditions - back pain, neck pain, headaches, migraines, vertigo - for which people come to us for help - and go away happy.
For those of you who enjoy reading the Research behind what we do, our Research Page provides a number of excellent links.
Joint - Muscle - Nerve
- Low Back Pain, Upper Back Pain, Middle Back Pain, Acute Back Pain, Chronic Back Pain ... these are what we treat every day.
Neck Pain, Whiplash
- Acute Neck Pain, Chronic Neck Pain, Whiplash symptoms in the neck and throughout the body. Osteopathy provides some special techniques that can be very helpful in whiplash and other traumatic injury.
Joint and Muscle problems
- Shoulders, Elbows, Wrists and Hands; Hips, Knees, Ankles and Feet - We love treating Joint and Muscle problems!
Sciatica, Trapped Nerves, Carpal Tunnel
- Wherever you have a trapped nerve - neck, arm, hand, leg or foot - we are happy to apply our skills.
RSI, Tendonitis and Workplace Injury
- Osteopathic soft tissue techniques can be very helpful.
Reflux & Colic
- We can often help with colic and - depending on the cause - can sometimes help with reflux.
Restlessness & Irritability
- Think about it - how settled would you be if you had been squashed into a small space for several days or longer, then squeezed out of a narrow canal over a period of hours? A bit restless? A tad irritable? You bet! There is often a neuro-musculo-skeletal component to this and treating it is what Osteopaths do best.
Birth trauma, Flat Head, Torticollis, Problems in Hips or Feet
- The incidence of flat heads (known as deformational plagiocephaly) has risen by about 15% since SIDS's "Back to Sleep" Campaign. Some of the babies at our clinic are also on Helmetting programs (most are not).
Sleep for Babies & Post-natal Check
- It isn't reasonable to expect every baby to sleep perfectly whenever it suits us, but there are also lots of reasons why a baby doesn’t sleep well, and things we can do about it.
- In our opinion every baby should have a post-natal check. Some are discharged immediately with nothing untoward found by our tests, while others clearly benefit from a little gentle treatment.
Comprehensive Care for many of the Common Symptoms associated with Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Back Pain, Pain in the Pelvis, Coccyx and Pubic Symphysis.
- Care with Constipation and Bladder Frequency, Heartburn and Breathlessness.
- Care with Baby Positioning.
Head and Face
Headaches, Migraines, Sinus problems
- Cervicogenic Headaches, some Tension-Type and Cluster Headaches, some Migraine problems. Sinus problems can respond very well without the use of drugs.
- Treatment to the neck, base of skull, Hallpike and Epley's manoeuvre etc.
TMJ (Jaw) dysfunction and symptoms associated with bite and orthodontic problems
- Including Headaches, Face Pain and Neck Pain.
Sports injuries, Joint Sprains and Muscle Strains
Improving Sports Performance
- By correcting important biomechanical problems and improving posture.
Middle Ear Infections (Glue Ear)
Recovery from Knocks and Falls
- Don't expect a cure for asthma, but we can certainly help to improve the mechanics of breathing, and in our experience this can reduce the onset of an attack.
If you have a problem not mentioned above, just give us a call and we will be happy to explain whether Osteopathy is right for you. As Ashmore's longest established Osteopathy Clinic, we take pride in knowing that if we cannot help you, we will tell you and do our best to point you in the right direction.
Telephone (07) 5597 0128 for further information or to make an appointment.
Osteopathy Gold Coast